Get Into Refereeing
Make a difference to the game
Reasons to Referee
More and more people of all ages, genders, races and abilities are getting into refereeing.
For current and potential officials, refereeing is a great way to:
• Give something back to the game you love
• Remain involved in the game after injury or retirement
• Play a vital role in ensuring players enjoy the game
• Increase participation in the sport
• Make new and lasting friends
• Keep fit and healthy
• A potential career for those who wish to progress to the top
The FA's Respect programme provides a series of tools for leagues, clubs, coaches, players and parents from grassroots to elite football - to help ensure a safe, positive environment in which to play the game.