North Riding FA is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual(s) with a passion for grassroots football to join the team.
Job Title: Equal Game Ambassador – Women and Girls
Location: North Riding FA, Broughton Road, Stokesley, Middlesbrough, TS9 5NY and additional travel as and when required around the County
Salary: £25 per hour
Working Hours: 50 hours per contract. Hours of work will vary and may include evenings and weekends
Closing Date: Friday 4th November
Vacancy Type: Casual Worker
At North Riding FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing local grassroots football and supporting The FA in delivering their Grassroots Football Strategy. The shared values, vision and pride of our workforce is central to our success. We are a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to improving the future of grassroots football in Teesside and North Yorkshire. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
North Riding FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
North Riding FA is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual(s) with a passion for grassroots football to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for support grassroots football clubs to apply their learnings from the Equal Game Training and build their own Equal Game Action Plan; creating more accessible opportunities for women and girls.
• Attend one of the ‘Train the Trainer course dates; Tuesday 29th November @ West Riding FA, Wednesday 30th November @ Leicestershire FA or Tuesday 6th December @ Berks & Bucks FA.
• Work with County FA Leads to collaboratively deliver the local ‘Equal Game’ Training.
• Work with England Football Accredited clubs following their completion of the ‘Equal Game Training’ to support in the creation of a bespoke female football game plan. This outlines new club-based opportunities for female players which may include new playing provisions, coaching development, volunteering roles, and creating safe environments.
• Support with engagement at every level of the club to maximise and sustain these opportunities for female players.
• Signpost and help clubs access relevant support including funding and coach development opportunities via the County FA, and FA Women & Girls Coach Development network.
• Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners such as charitable organisations, educational establishments, alongside other key partners to promote the new opportunities.
• Collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, FA Women & Girls Coach Mentors, FA Women & Girls Community Champions, external partners, and wider members of the grassroots delivery team workforce.
• Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots clubs with the aim of providing clarity on work programmes, development opportunities and sharing of good practice.
What We Are Looking For
FA BT Playmaker Course
Introduction to Coaching Football / UEFA C
• Ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships within England Football Accredited Clubs.
• Ability to deliver practical support sessions to a range of club Volunteers.
• Knowledge of The FA’s strategy for Women & Girls Football; Inspiring Positive Change.
• Knowledge of the England Football Accreditation Framework and the existing support and resources available to Accredited Clubs.
Knowledge and Experience
• Can demonstrate a history of success in developing female grassroots football opportunities and/or an experienced sports development professional.
• Experience of facilitating and engaging with volunteers.
• Experience of volunteering within a grassroots football club as a Committee Member • Experience of mentoring others.
• Experience of accessing external funding
What We Can Offer
• An exciting opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking progressing business.
• To work with key stakeholders within grassroots football and the professional game.
• Flexible approach to working to enable you to balance the demands of the role with personal circumstances
Equality And Diversity
Equality and Diversity
North Riding FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About The Application and Selection Process
• Complete the Application Form and no later than 5pm on Friday 4th November 2022.
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Friday 11th November to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
• Interviews will be held during the week commencing 14th November.
• If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
We would be grateful if the candidate could also complete and return the Equality and Diversity Monitoring form below. Please note that completing this form is entirely voluntary.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Jasmine Morris: Jasmine.email@example.com, 07758133529.