Vacancy - Events and Partnerships Manager
Job Title: Events & Partnerships Manager
Location: North Riding FA, Stokesley, TS9 5NY.
Salary: £29,000 per annum
Hours per week: 40 hours per week
Closing Date: Friday 15 July
Vacancy Type: 2 Year Fixed Term contract
At North Riding FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing local grassroots football and supporting The FA in delivering their Grassroots Football Strategy. The shared values, vision and pride of our workforce is central to our success. We are a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to improving the future of grassroots football in Teesside and North Yorkshire. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
You can find out more about North Riding FA and the work we do on our website at www.northridingfa.com
North Riding FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
North Riding FA is looking for an enthusiastic business development professional, with a passion for grassroots football, to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the delivery of all North Riding FA events, in addition to identifying new, and managing existing, corporate sponsorship and partnership opportunities.
• Manage a programme of public events, including County Cup Finals and the North Riding FA Grassroots Awards.
• Deliver events that will generate income to be redistributed for the benefit of grassroots football across North Riding.
• Develop links with the local media to ensure that there is regular coverage of North Riding FA events.
• Agree commercial partnership agreements with organisations, whilst ensuring that such agreements do not conflict with central FA partnerships.
• Ensure formal contracts are in place with all partners, whether commercial or non-commercial.
• Manage new and existing commercial partnerships to ensure that mutual expectations are delivered.
What we are looking for
• Track record of securing sponsorship for organisations
• Experience of organising fundraising events
• Practical experience of delivering high profile events.
• Self-motivated with excellent leadership skills and ability to build trust-based relationships.
What we can offer
• A great start to your career in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in the heart of the County.
• Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network throughout England and at The FA.
• Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
• A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll learn about all aspects of grassroots football.
• 25 days holiday entitlement + company pension scheme.
Equality and Diversity
North Riding FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
• Complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return no later than 5pm on Friday 15 July.
• If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
Job Description and Person Specification
Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Steven Wade, Chief Executive at Steven.Wade@northridingfa.com to arrange an informal discussion.