Football v Homophobia
Grassroots football clubs in North Riding are invited to support an initiative driven by Football V Homophobia (FvH) to take action and tackle LGBT+ discrimination in football throughout February.
Football v Homophobia is an initiative which exists to challenge discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity and expression at all levels of football. They recognise this is an individual journey for each club so their campaign pack can adapt. Clubs interested in getting involved with the campaign will need to meet the following criteria:
• Identify an area/areas to improve LGBTIQ+ inclusion at their club
• Share what actions they are taking as a club, via social media channels during February, using #FvH2022
• Designate a match day to Football v Homophobia in 2022, when safe
• Share the matchday event across social media platforms
• Communicate activity to the opposing team on match day
Clubs that sign up will be emailed a campaign pack with some top tips on creating a more inclusive environment and how to make the most of a designated match day.
You will receive a Puma rainbow match ball prior to your designated match, along with education leaflets for players. Your club badge will also be added to the 2022 Champions page. (Please note: whilst the project is open to teams of all ages, only size 5 match balls are supplied. It is strictly one ball permitted per dedicated match & team)
Apply online by following the link below: