The Marketing & Communications Director will provide direction and leadership in shaping North Riding FA’s Marketing & Communications Strategy; evaluate and develop marketing strategies that will support the company in delivering its business plan; set and guide the strategy on all matters of communication and public relations and provide strategic leadership on all significant matters involving the media.
We are particularly looking for someone with the following skills:
• Proven experience of working in a senior marketing and / or communications role.
• Proven experience of drafting and delivering a communications strategy.
• Proven experience of overseeing and delivering successful marketing campaigns.
• Proven experience with digital marketing forms such as social media marketing and content marketing.
• Strong understanding of Public Relations and the media industry.
• Excellent media contacts.
The successful candidate will work with the Board and the CEO to:
• Lead the creation of a marketing and communications strategy for North Riding FA.
• Develop, and be the guardian of, the County FA brand and brand values, ensuring this is embedded across the organisation and the football community.
• Identify, adopt and implement KPIs and management information in order that the board can track and measure success.
• Be the strategic lead for all communication channels, overseeing content strategy and policy.
• To support in the production of all communication that will be shared with media outlets.
• Provide guidance, direction and mentoring to the executive workforce in the areas of marketing & communications.
It is important that the Board reflects the communities that we serve and we are therefore particularly interested in attracting people with disabilities and those from ethnic minority communities.
All candidates will need to have a real empathy with the work of North Riding FA, good business and communication skills and be willing to commit to attending regular Board meetings, as well as strategic and stakeholder events. Board meetings are normally held in Stokesley.
This is a voluntary position but Board Members receive a casual car user allowance of 40p per mile to attend meetings.
For further information on the role please phone Steven Wade, Chief Executive Officer on (01642) 717777.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6 May 2022.
If not informed within one week of the closing date, candidates must assume that they have not been short listed for interview and will therefore not be notified in writing.
The organisation will provide appropriate additional work facilities for disabled applicants.
North Riding County FA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
DOWNLOAD: APPLICATION PACK