North Riding FA is the governing body for football across the North Riding of Yorkshire and is primarily responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game, running competitions and developing grassroots football. North Riding FA is a non-profit making organisation with all surpluses being redistributed back into the game.
North Riding FA is seeking to appoint Independent Members to our Health & Wellbeing Working Group.
As part of the Health & Wellbeing Working Group you will be required to:
• Provide support and feedback in shaping the North Riding FA Health & Wellbeing Strategy.
• Monitor and evaluate the Health & Wellbeing Strategy.
• Contribute to a Call for Action which will formulate the basis of delivering agreed outcomes from the Health and Wellbeing Strategy.
• Establish new relationships with non-traditional partners in the fields of health & wellbeing.
• Identify, and source, funding opportunities from external agencies that will allow the delivery of health & wellbeing programmes across the county.
• Formulate ideas to enhance the health & wellbeing of the football family in North Riding, including Board, North Riding FA members, staff and the grassroots football community.
• Attend a minimum of 3 x face-to-face and / or virtual meetings annually.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The following attributes are desirable:
• Degree level qualification related to health & wellbeing
• A mental health related qualification
• Experience of leading health & wellbeing strategies.
• Experience of implementing workplace health & wellbeing improvement initiatives.
• Experience of partnership working to improve the health & wellbeing of under-represented groups.
• Experience of customer service improvement.
To apply please complete and return the following application form:
For more information regarding the Health & Wellbeing Working Group, please call our Health & Wellbeing Director, Dr Joe Chidanyika, on 07846 475984.
Travel expenses will be paid for attendance at any meetings or events in relation to membership of the Working Group.
Closing date: Friday 26 November 2021.
North Riding FA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.