Following the successful launch of the three-tier development programme titled ‘North Riding Centre of Referee Excellence’ in July 2019, North Riding County FA are now accepting applications for season 2021/2022 for NRCFA CORE ‘Development’.
This is aimed at providing referees with the provision to develop and enhance their skills in becoming competent officials, assisting with their transition to becoming Level 4 Match Officials and beyond. The three tier development programme for season 2021/2022 will be as follows:
NRCFA CORE Advanced (Level 4 Match Officials by Invite)
NRCFA CORE Progression (Level 5 & 6 Match Officials by Invite)
NRCFA CORE Development (Level 6, Level 7, 4W, Youth Or Trainee Referees*)
The aim of the North Riding County FA CORE Development programme is to assist in the development, training and coaching of referees who have the potential to progress into the North Riding County FA Centre of Referee Excellence Progression group and in time, Advanced group.
It is designed to deliver specific and relevant training to young, ambitious, dedicated and talented referees, coinciding with and supporting the FA National Referee CORE Development Programme principles.
NRCFA CORE Development members will principally officiate games at Middlesbrough FC & York City FC’s academy structures on a Saturday, Sunday morning / lunchtime, as well as County FA Cup fixtures.
Members of the North Riding County FA Referee Development Team will also work with NRCFA CORE Development members, providing practical advice and tips to develop their skills with referees both at games and at training camps. Training Camps will consist of face to face sessions as well as conference calls (Teams & Zoom) for training and development purposes.
Dates of Training Camps for 2021/2022 Season:
Wednesday, 18 August 2021 (Face to Face)
Wednesday, 15 September 2021 (Face to Face)
Wednesday, 17 September 2021 (Via Zoom)
Wednesday, 19 January 2022 (Via Zoom)
Wednesday, 16 March 2022 (Face to Face)
The programme is designed for any referee who is fully qualified at Levels 6, 7 or Youth status. We will also consider applications from those referees at ‘Trainee’ status who have refereed more than 10 games but are yet to fully qualify due to Covid-19.
Members of the NRCFA CORE Development group will be expected to attend a range of events throughout the year, which will enable them to improve not only their fitness levels, but include specific technical sessions and key note guest speakers from time to time.
• Level 6, 7 or Youth Referee (Trainee referees will be considered as above)
• Are capable of managing administration effectively
• Are keen, enthusiastic, dedicated and show the desire to progress within refereeing
• Attend NRCFA CORE Development Training Camps and training events in Middlesbrough & York as well as conference calls for training & development
• Regularly officiate in local football, in addition to Academy Football
• Purchase a discounted NRCFA Nike CORE Development Leisure Package – for season 2021/2022
• Have regular access to an e-mail account for regular correspondence
• Referees will have the opportunity to work closely with Referee Developers and will be provided with fixtures within Academy & County FA fixtures.
• Officiating Academy matches for Middlesbrough & York City FC, ranging between Under-7s to U15s on Saturday & Sunday mornings (may also include Under-16s)
• Appointments to selected County Cup fixtures, as well as the opportunity to officiate in a number of junior leagues within the county
• Technical classroom & practical based training sessions, conducted throughout the season, which aim to enhance both knowledge and skill
• Work with, and learn from more experienced Match Officials
• Prepare referees for the ‘step up’ to adult football as a referee & assistant referee
• Opportunity to develop towards achieving Level 5 & beyond and work towards a place within our NRCFA Referee CORE Progression Group
• Opportunity to officiate at National Tournaments & exchange weekends with other County FAs
• Discounted NRCFA Nike branded leisure wear
If you wish to submit an application, you must be aware that travelling will be required to fixtures & training camps, which typically will take place around half a dozen times per season.
All Referees who wish to be a part of NRCFA CORE Development must complete the below application form ASAP, but no later than midnight on Wednesday, 21 July 2021.
Those applicants who are successful will be advised by Friday, 30 July, with the first Training Camp to take place on Wednesday 18 August 2021, 18:30 – 21:00.
Parent/guardians must provide written consent for anybody under the age of 18.
If you would like further information, or an informal chat about the group, please contact Paul Stalker on email@example.com or 07725 307822.