North Riding FA is backing NSPCC’s Parents In Sport Week and supporting the Sports Parents Promise.
This annual national campaign looks to increase positive parental involvement in youth sport and, by doing so, improve the experiences of young people across the United Kingdom.
The aim of this year’s week of action is to get parents to make the Sports Parents Promise, to encourage their child’s safe enjoyment of sport.
The Promise outlines what makes a great sports parent. North Riding FA is joining NSPCC in asking parents to sign up and make the promise to their child by the end of Parents In Sport Week 2019.
Making the promise allows parents to acknowledge the contribution they make to their child’s enjoyment of sport – and allow clubs, coaches and other sports organisations to really get parents on board and take an interest in their child’s sporting life.
The Promise is supported by helpful information parents need to keep their child safe in sport and support them the best way they can.
CLICK HERE TO MAKE THE SPORTS PARENTS PROMISE
Alternatively, please click here to find out more about Parents In Sport Week 2019 and click here for supporting information and advice for parents with children involved in sport.
• Click here to promote the Sports Parents Promise. The Sports Parents Promise offers parents helpful guidance on what makes a safe sports club, how to respond if they have any worries or concerns, and how to show positive side-line behaviour when attending games and tournaments.
• Five tips of working with parents in sport
• Sample codes of conduct
• Link to the Child Protection in Sport website. For more information, sports club staff and volunteers can visit the NSPCC website, which offers support in developing, improving and assessing their safeguarding policies.
• CPSU website. Here you'll find all you need to know about getting parents involved and how they can encourage children's safe participation in sport.
• The NSPCC Child Protection in Sport Unit podcast
• Sign up for ‘parents in sport’ updates