The North Riding County FA Referee Development Team has recently reviewed the development and support pathways that we offer to ensure that the best possible level of support is provided, and as such will be launching a new three-tier development programme titled ‘North Riding Centre of Referee Excellence.’
This is aimed at providing referees with the provision to develop and enhance their skills in becoming competent officials, assisting with their transition to becoming Level 4 Match Officials and beyond. The newly launched three tier development programme will be as follows:
• North Riding County FA CORE Advanced: Level 4 Match Officials
• North Riding County FA CORE Progression: Members of North Riding County FA Promotion Scheme
• North Riding County FA CORE Development: Level 7 & Youth Referees – 14 – 35 Years of Age (Open Application Process with Assessment Day – Sunday, 14 July 2019 @ NRCFA HQ)
The aim of the North Riding County FA CORE Development programme is to assist in the development, training and coaching of referees who have the potential to progress into the North Riding County FA Centre of Referee Excellence progression group and in time, advanced group.
It is designed to deliver specific and relevant training to young, ambitious, dedicated and talented referees, coinciding with and supporting the FA National Referee CORE Development Programme principles.
NRCFA CORE Development members will principally officiate games at Middlesbrough & York City Football Clubs academy structures on a Saturday, Sunday morning / lunchtime.
Referee Developers will also work with NRCFA CORE Development members, providing practical advice and tips to develop their skills with referees both at games and at training camps.
The programme is designed for any referee, who is aged between 14 and 35 and is fully qualified at Levels 7 or Youth status.
We will also consider applications from those referees at ‘Trainee’ status who have refereed more than 10 games but are yet to attend their final Unit 6 module of the FA Referee Course.
Members of the NRCFA CORE Development group will be expected to attend a range of events throughout the year, which will enable them to improve not only their fitness levels, but include specific technical sessions and key note guest speakers from time to time.
• Aged between 14 - 35 and a Level 7 or Youth Referee (Trainee referees will be considered)
• Are capable of managing administration effectively
• Are keen, enthusiastic, dedicated and show the desire to progress within refereeing
• Attend NRCFA CORE Development Training Camps and training events in Middlesbrough & York
• Regularly officiate in local football in addition to Academy Football.
• Purchase a discounted NRCFA Nike CORE Development Leisure Package
• Have regular access to an e-mail account for regular correspondence
• Referees will have the opportunity to work closely with Referee Developers and will be provided with fixtures within MFC & York City FC Academy matches
• Officiating Academy matches for Middlesbrough & York City FC, ranging between Under 7’s to U’15’s on Saturday & Sunday mornings (may also include Under 16’s)
• Appointments to selected County Cup fixtures, as well as the opportunity to officiate in a number of junior leagues within the County
• Technical classroom & practical based training sessions, conducted throughout the season, which aim to enhance both knowledge and skill
• Work with, and learn from more experienced Match Officials
• Prepare referees for the ‘step up’ to adult football as a referee & assistant referee.
• Opportunity to develop towards achieving Level 5 & beyond and work towards a place within our NRCFA Referee CORE Progression Group
• Opportunity to Officiate at National Tournaments & exchange weekends with other County FA’s
• Discounted NRCFA Nike branded leisure wear
If you wish to submit an application, you must be aware that travelling will be required to Training Camps which typically will take place on Monday evenings in both Middlesbrough & York (Circa 4 per season).
All Referees who wish to be a part of NRCFA CORE Development must register and attend the ‘Assessment Day’
CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR PLACE
The Assessment Day which will take place on Sunday 14 July 2019 @ North Riding County FA HQ, Stokesley, TS9 5NY – 9.30am – 12.30pm. Further information will follow on Thursday 11 July regarding the format of the Assessment Day.
The Assessment day will involve a number of referee activities delivered by our Referee Development Team around Laws of the Game, a practical on field session, Referee clips & informal presentation to ensure those who apply are suitable and aware of the expectations.
Parent / guardians must attend and provide consent for anybody under the age of 18 years old upon arrival. Parent / guardians are encouraged to stay for at least the first part of the assessment day to gain an understanding of what is expected.