Vacancy: Saturday Adult Appointment Officer - South
North Riding FA is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to become the Saturday Adult Appointment Officer – South.
The County FA is committed to achieving 100% coverage of all 11 v 11 matches throughout North Riding with fully-qualified match officials, hence the importance of this particular role.
The chosen candidate will liaise with the Referee Development Manager, League Officials, Referees, Clubs and County FA staff for a variety of important purposes.
• Deliver the KPIs within the Referees Sections of the NRCFA Operational Plan in line with NRCFA Referees Department Strategy.
• Appoint Match Officials as required to the York Minster Engineering League, Scarborough & District League, Newitts.Com Beckett League, District FA Cup Competitions & NRCFA County & Challenge Cup Competitions.
• Ensure all NRCFA Leagues are given the same opportunity to acquire a fully qualified Match Official.
• Identify activity of all Match Officials within NRCFA.
• Provide progression opportunities for Match Officials.
• To streamline Match Official appointments.
Other Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
• Increase the activity of Match Officials so that the number of matches controlled by a qualified Referee increases in line with FA/ NRCFA targets.
• Work in conjunction with local Leagues to ensure Match Official appointments are meeting the requirements of the League.
• Ensure appointments are made with consideration of expense to affiliated clubs as per Leagues requirements.
• Ensure all Match Officials adhere to FA regulations in respect of registration.
• Provide the RDM (Referee Development Manager) with reports on coverage on a quarterly basis.
Knowledge / Experiences / Technical Skills Required
• Ability to work flexible and unsociable hours including weekends and to tight deadlines.
• Diplomacy and the ability to deal appropriately with confidential information.
• Excellent organiser, communicator and time manager.
• Knowledge of the structure and organisations within local football.
• Experience of working with volunteers and motivating others.
• Be contactable by telephone / email.
• Be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Word & Excel.
• To appoint Match Officials within the FA Full Time Admin System and moving forward Whole Game System (WGS)
An annual honorarium of circa £2,000 will be paid for the role with travelling expenses also payable for any meetings that the candidate is required to attend on behalf of the role.
For an informal conversation regarding the role please contact Ross Joyce, Referee Development Manager on 01642 717779 or 07872 469 952.
To apply for the role, please send your application letter outlining why you would make a good candidate for the role to Ross Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Wednesday 11 September 2019.
North Riding County FA are committed to equality of opportunities and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will be required to complete an FA DBS.
Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing Monday 16 September 2019.