Vacancy: North Riding FA Inclusion Advisory Board Member (Voluntary Position)
North Riding FA is the governing body for football across the North Riding of Yorkshire and is primarily responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game, running competitions and developing grassroots football. North Riding FA is a non-profit making organisation with all surpluses being redistributed back into the game.
North Riding FA is seeking to appoint Independent Members to our Inclusion Advisory Board.
As part of the IAB you will be required to:
• Advance equality of opportunity for all groups, as well as having a focus on the protected characteristics
• Support the County FA in its Operational Planning
• Foster good relationships with the local community so that football can be used as a vehicle to create positive sporting opportunities and increase participation for all
• Eliminate unlawful discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation, and any form of abuse directed at specific groups
• Attend up to six meetings per year at the North Riding FA Headquarters
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
The following attributes are essential:
• To have knowledge of the key legislation aspects of inclusion and diversity and to be able to promote inclusion and diversity as part of the group
• To be able to identify key issues and trends that may help to promote the game through inclusion and diversity interventions
• Experience of working with diverse groups and individuals who have different ethnicity and cultural backgrounds
• To be able to identify key equality issues and to support the identification and delivery of solutions
• To be able to successfully network with key staff and contacts within the County FA and the area in which the County FA operates
• To be a positive team player within a group that will provide direction to Members, Directors and staff of the County FA
To apply please complete and return a covering letter along with a CV to Steven Wade, Chief Executive, to Steven.Wade@northridingfa.com or North Riding FA, Broughton Road, Stokesley, Middlesbrough, TS9 5NY.
For more information regarding the Inclusion Advisory Board please call Steven on (01642) 717777.
Travel expenses will be paid for attendance at any meetings or events in relation to membership of the Inclusion Advisory Board.
Closing date: Friday 16th November
North Riding FA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.