FA Coaching Deaf Footballers
The purpose of this course is to provide you with ideas and guidance on how to adapt, where necessary, to include deaf players in your sessions and match situations in your school or club.
Block 1 - Understanding
- What is sound?
- The ear
- Types of deafness
- The impact of deafness on children and their language skills
- Hearing aids and cochlear implants
- Different types of hearing aids
Block 2 - Communication
- Options and approaches
- Communication with deaf footballers
- Communicating by telephone
- British Sign Language (BSL)
Block 3 Coaching Sessions
- Health and safety considerations
- Planning and organising
Block 4 - The game
- Rule adaptations
- Player pathway
Prior to certification, candidates are required to obtain Introduction to Coaching Football.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Apply and extend your coaching skills to meet the needs of deaf players
- Feel confident when coaching deaf footballers
- Have improved their awareness of deafness and a better understanding of the needs of deaf footballers
- Use basic communication skills for coaching deaf footballers
- Use basic BSL signs appropriate to coaching and football sessions
- Plan a range of coaching sessions that include deaf footballers
Unfortunately there are no available dates.