NRCFA CORE Programme 2022/23 - Application Process
Following a full review of our current NRCFA CORE programme and to coincide with the new exciting FA Referees Department progression pathway, North Riding County FA Referee Leadership Team have completed a full review of our current three tired CORE programme (Advanced, Progression & Development) which has included extensive debate and consultation with referee developers, referees and FA staff to ensure that we are offering referee development and support that is modern, relevant and meets the needs of our progressive match officials.
We completely understand that this programme will not be suitable for everybody, and as a leadership team discussed in detail how we could continue to support our referees at all levels, and we remain fully committed to offering and providing CPD and opportunities for our non NRCFA CORE members throughout 2022/23 and beyond with further information to follow in due course on how we can achieve this objective throughout 2022/23 and beyond.
Your leadership team appreciate that whilst developing and supporting up and coming referees who wish to progress is an essential part of what we are striving to achieve, equally important to us is ensuring all NRCFA officials feel motivated, encouraged, and supported by us to continue to deliver a service that is the lifeblood of grassroots football.
Now for those of you who are wanting to join the NRCFA CORE programme for 2022/23, the details are set out below.
For season 2022/23, North Riding County FA CORE will once again be a programme to assist in the development, coaching and education of referees who have the ambition and potential to progress into the semi-professional and professional game.
The programme is designed to deliver specific and relevant training to ambitious, dedicated and talented referees who have the desired attitude and behaviour to succeed.
The NRCFA CORE programme for 2022/23 will consist of a number of training camps (7) with a mixture of face to face (venue attendance) and online (via zoom) CPD designed and heavily focused on and improving not only the fitness levels of the referees, but also include specific referee development technical sessions with additional support around sports psychology, sports nutrition, strength & conditioning, developing leadership, communication skills and mental resilience. A huge part of all training camps will be developing and demonstrating excellence in the Laws of the Game knowledge and application on matchdays.
Training Camps will take place on Monday evenings as follows:
Monday 22 August: Middlesbrough -Opening Conference - Venue TBC
Monday 19 September 2022: York - Venue TBC
Monday 17 October 2022: Middlesbrough - Venue TBC
Monday 21 November 2022: Via Zoom
Monday 16 January 2023: York - Venue TBC
Monday 20 March 2023: Middlesbrough- Venue TBC
Monday 17 April 2023: Via Zoom
Face to face Training Camps will take place between 18:30 – 21:00 and online sessions between 19:00 – 21:00.
In addition to Training Camps, NRCFA CORE referees will have the opportunity to officiate at Middlesbrough FC and York City FC Academy games programme, as well as other match appointments in FA and County FA competitions. Match Day Coaching and a point of contact will be offered as part of our NRCFA CORE programme from members of our Referee Leadership and Development Teams.
Referees from this group will have the opportunity to attend exchange programmes and International Tournaments to fully support their development and education. We have high expectations of referees who wish to apply to be a part of our NRCFA CORE programme with North Riding County FA significantly investing in this programme for the forthcoming season.
These expectations are to be met by all of the NRCFA CORE candidates who wish to be a part of this programme and will be monitored throughout the season. The expectations include:
- Commitment to attend all sessions and actively participate (minimum requirement of 6/7)
- Prepared to travel around the County FA for Training Camps and development opportunities
- Exceptional administration in a timely manner
- Show continual progression within refereeing career whilst being a part of NRCFA CORE
- Regular contact with the Referees Department and positive engagement at Training Camps
- Commitment to purchasing NRCFA Nike branded leisure kit (discounted) to be worn at Training Camps
With all of the above in mind, please find below the criteria and application process for 2022/23:
- MUST be a 2022/23 NRCFA Promotion Progression Scheme Applicant (Level 7, 6, 5, Youth Referee or 4W /3W candidate) and applied by Midnight on 01 August 2022
- Or 16, 17 or 18 Years of age and committed to transitioning into adult football and applying for promotion within the next 18 month
- Completed Referee Registration for 2022/23 before applying
- Can commit to attend and participate in Training Camps on a regular basis as detailed above, both face to face and online (minimum attendance at 6/7)
- Prepared to travel around the County FA for Training Camps and match appointments as part of the NRCFA CORE programme
- Fully committed to progressing into the semi-professional game and beyond
- Level 5-4 applicants MUST successfully pass FA Level 4 Nomination fitness test by 30 September 2022
- Purchase the subsidised NRCFA Nike branded leisure kit and confirm sizing’s if successful by close of play on Friday 29 July 2022 (circa £70.00)
If you believe you can meet the NRCFA CORE 2022/23 criteria and would like to apply for this exciting programme, please ensure you complete the below application process ASAP but no later than noon on Wednesday 27 July 2022:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
It is our intention to review applications and confirm the NRCFA CORE 2022/23 group of referees by close of play on Friday 29 July 2022.
Given the number of applications that we expect to receive, we may not be able to accept every application. We fully expect more opportunities to become available over the next few seasons and will regularly review and monitor those candidates who are a part of the programme. The NRCFA Referee Leadership Team will review all applications received.
In the meantime, if you require any further information, or would like to discuss this further, please contact Ross Joyce, our Referee Development Manager for an informal chat.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity and we wish those of you who are interested the very best with your application.