Following the successful launch of the three-tier development programme titled ‘North Riding Centre of Referee Excellence’ in July 2019, North Riding County FA are now accepting applications for season 2020/21 for NRCFA CORE ‘Development’.
This is aimed at providing referees with the provision to develop and enhance their skills in becoming competent officials, assisting with their transition to becoming Level 4 Match Officials and beyond. The three tier development programme for season 2020/21 will be as follows:
NRCFA CORE Advanced (Level 4 Match Officials)
NRCFA CORE Progression (Level 5 & 6 Match Officials)
NRCFA CORE Development (Level 7, Youth or Trainee Referees*)
The aim of the North Riding County FA CORE Development programme is to assist in the development, training and coaching of referees who have the potential to progress into the North Riding County FA Centre of Referee Excellence Progression group and in time, Advanced group.
It is designed to deliver specific and relevant training to young, ambitious, dedicated and talented referees, coinciding with and supporting the FA National Referee CORE Development Programme principles.
NRCFA CORE Development members will principally officiate games at Middlesbrough & York City Football Club's academy structures on a Saturday, Sunday morning / lunchtime.
Referee Developers will also work with NRCFA CORE Development members, providing practical advice and tips to develop their skills with referees both at games and at training camps. During the current Covid-19 pandemic we will also take advantage of conference calls (Teams & Zoom) for training and development purposes.
WHO CAN BE PART OF NRCFA CORE DEVELOPMENT?
The programme is designed for any referee who is aged between 14 and 35 and is fully qualified at Levels 7 or Youth status. We will also consider applications from those referees at ‘Trainee’ status who have refereed more than 10 games but are yet to attend their final Unit 6 module of the FA Referee Course.
Members of the NRCFA CORE Development group will be expected to attend a range of events throughout the year, which will enable them to improve not only their fitness levels, but include specific technical sessions and key note guest speakers from time to time.
ELIGIBILITY, TIME COMMITMENT & REQUIREMENTS:
• Aged between 14 - 35 and a Level 7 or Youth Referee (Trainee referees will be considered)
• Are capable of managing administration effectively
• Are keen, enthusiastic, dedicated and show the desire to progress within refereeing
• Attend NRCFA CORE Development Training Camps and training events in Middlesbrough & York as well as conference calls for training & development
• Regularly officiate in local football, in addition to Academy Football
• Purchase a discounted NRCFA Nike CORE Development Leisure Package – optional for season 2020/21*
• Have regular access to an e-mail account for regular correspondence
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF NRCFA CORE DEVELOPMENT?
• Referees will have the opportunity to work closely with Referee Developers and will be provided with fixtures within MFC & York City FC Academy matches
• Officiating Academy matches for Middlesbrough & York City FC, ranging between Under-7s to U15s on Saturday & Sunday mornings (may also include Under-16s)
• Appointments to selected County Cup fixtures, as well as the opportunity to officiate in a number of junior leagues within the county
• Technical classroom & practical based training sessions, conducted throughout the season, which aim to enhance both knowledge and skill
• Work with, and learn from more experienced Match Officials
• Prepare referees for the ‘step up’ to adult football as a referee & assistant referee
• Opportunity to develop towards achieving Level 5 & beyond and work towards a place within our NRCFA Referee CORE Progression Group
• Opportunity to officiate at National Tournaments & exchange weekends with other County FAs
• Discounted NRCFA Nike branded leisure wear
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A PLACE IN THE NRCFA CORE DEVELOPMENT GROUP 2020/21?
If you wish to submit an application, you must be aware that travelling will be required to fixtures & training camps once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, which typically will take place around half a dozen times per season.
All Referees who wish to be a part of NRCFA CORE Development must complete the below application form ASAP, but no later than midnight on Monday 21 September 2020:
Those applicants who are successful will be advised by Monday 28 September, with an Introduction online meeting (either Teams or Zoom) due to take place on Wednesday 30 September 2020, 18:00 – 19:30. A full confirmation and email link to access the conference introduction call will be sent a few days prior to 30 September.
Parent/guardians must be present for the conference introduction call for anybody under the age of 18.
If you would like further information, or an informal chat about the group, please contact Paul Stalker on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07725 307822.