Aims of the Referee Development Group
To assist in the development, training and coaching of referees who have the potential to progress to the National List of Supply League Referees and beyond. It is designed to deliver specific and relevant training to ambitious, dedicated and talented referees.
What it involves
Meetings will be held bi-monthly, and will include level specific training, as well as guest speakers and performance analysis. Development referees will benefit from numerous opportunities including professional football club Academy fixtures, and local, national and international tournament experience. Meetings will be arranged at different venues around the County and will involve travelling. The Association will help coordinate this with Referees and Referee Coaches.
Selected Level 7 to Level 5 match officials will be considered for a place in the Development Group.
• Attend a minimum of 90% of all Referee Development training events including In-service training, guest speakers and fitness sessions.
• Adhere to dress codes, be punctual and act in a manner which best represents North Riding County FA at all times.
• Be available regularly to officiate on both Saturday, Sunday and midweek fixtures.
• Pass the NRCFA Referees Fitness Test and a Laws of the Game examination.
• Remain in regular contact with their appointed Referees Coach regarding games, set clear targets with them and discuss honestly their performances via the completion of self assessments.
• Manage administration to a high standard with all competitions, including all misconduct report writing.
• Must be keen, enthusiastic, dedicated and willing to commit to travelling around the County FA to attend games and events.
• Agree to the Referee Development Group Code of Conduct.
The Referee Development Group Referees for the 2015/16 season are:
| Perrie Bunton
|| Andrew Henderson
| Tim Craig
|| Geoff Mann
| Jack Fewster
|| George Roberts
| Jonty Gill
|| Tom Ross
| Sam Hardaker
|| Jessica Shuker
| David Jarvis
|| Rory Sadler
| Conor Ledgeway
|| Jordan Thomas
| Dane McCarrick
|| James Unwin
| Bethany McIlvenny
|| Chris Wood
| Thomas Marshall
|| Alex Wyatt
| Declan Paice
|| Len Thurlow