Take a look at our brief of the new-look Centre of Referee Development Programme below and if you would like to apply, please download and complete the attached form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 14 June 2013. *Please note that all current referees will need to re-apply*
Aim of the Programme
To assist in the development, training and coaching of referees who have the potential to progress to the National List of Supply League Referees and beyond. It is designed to deliver specific and relevant training to ambitious, dedicated and talented referees.
What it involves
Meetings will be held bi-monthly, and will include level specific training, as well as guest speakers and performance analysis. Development referees will benefit from numerous opportunities including local Academy fixtures, and local, national and international tournament experience. Meetings will be arranged at different venues around the County and will involve travelling. The Association will help coordinate this with Referees & Referee Coaches.
Who can apply?
Any referee from Level 7- Level 5 may apply to be considered for a place in the Programme if they meet the criteria below:-
• Agree to attend a minimum of 90% of all Referee Development training events including In-service training, Guest speakers and fitness sessions.
• Adhere to dress codes, be punctual and act in a manner which best represents North Riding County FA at all times. This includes attending NRCFA training events whenever possible.
• Be available regularly to officiate on Academy games which are primarily played on Sunday mornings around the County as well as local grassroots fixtures.
• Attend the NRCFA annual Referees Fitness Test
• Remain in regular contact with your appointed Referees Coach regarding your games, set clear targets with them and discuss honestly your performances via the completion of self assessments.
• Manage your administration to a high standard with all competitions including Centre of Referee Development administration.
• You must be keen, enthusiastic, dedicated & willing to commit to travelling around the County (Middlesbrough, Scarborough & York) to attend events.
• Agree to the Centre of Referee Development Programme Code of Conduct.
Please note in order to apply for the programme you must be based at home and available on a weekly basis. University students for this year will not be able to apply unless residing in the County on a week to week basis.
We are looking to identify approximately 30 Referees for the restructured programme. For those referees apart of the programme this season will be aware that this has been reduced by half. The reasons for this are to continue to raise standards and allow us to work and dedicate Coaching to those referees that are showing exceptional ability to progress to the higher levels of refereeing.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply to be a part of the programme please download and complete the attached application form and return to Ross Joyce, Referee Development Officer no later than Friday 14 June 2013 at email@example.com
Please ensure that you can fully commit to the criteria listed above as failure to do so will result in your application not been accepted.
For further information please contact Ross Joyce on the below details:-
North Riding County FA,
01642 717774 (Direct Line) or 07872 469 952 (Mobile)