Organisations delivering disability football sessions within the North Riding region are being encouraged to apply for the County FA’s Game On Disability Membership – a beneficial scheme which aims to protect, grow and support disability football across the county.
Measuring the impact of activity is an essential element of our beautiful game. This ensures that we have a solid understanding of how many people are involved in football and where they are participating.
The Game On Disability membership scheme offers support to any organisation delivering disability football and sets out to ensure that all types and levels of football take place under an overarching set of laws, rules and standards. In order to safeguard everyone involved, it is necessary that partners ‘affiliate’ their activity with the North Riding County Football Association.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
• Recognition that the activity is taking place under the protection of the national governing body for football, which will assist in promotion and recruitment
• An additional safeguard to players and officials
• Access to FA-qualified referees, as these are only permitted to officiate in affiliated football and any insurance they carry is not applicable in unaffiliated competitions
• Ability to recruit additional referees through running the FA Small Sided Referees Qualification
• Opportunity to post results on Full-Time
• Access to funding programmes to increase participation levels
• Dedicated support from North Riding FA Football Development Officers
• Subsidised coach education and training events for members working in disability football
• Visits to clubs from expert coaches to support player development
• Club member welfare support and DBS record checking
The total cost of the Game On Membership for 2018/19 is £35. This fee includes Public Liability Insurance through Sportsguard.
Payment can be made by card by calling the office on 01642 717770/717771. Alternatively, we can invoice organisations following the production of a purchase order number. Please download the application form below and, once completed, send to email@example.com with the subject heading: GAME ON.
DOWNLOAD: GAME ON APPLICATION FORM
Should you have any questions or require further information, please contact Andy Clay, Football Development Manager, via Andy.Clay@NorthRidingFA.com or 07875 004573.