The North Riding County FA Referee Development Group (RDG) is aimed at providing young referees with the provision to develop and enhance their skills in becoming competent officials, assisting with their transition to becoming Level 5 Match Officials and beyond.
The aim of the North Riding County FA RDG is to assist in the development, training and mentoring of referees who have the potential to progress into the North Riding County FA Centre of Referee Excellence Programme (CORE) and in time the National System, obtaining Level 5 status and beyond.
It is designed to deliver specific and relevant training to young, ambitious, dedicated and talented referees, coinciding and supporting the FA National Referee CORE Development Programme principles.
RDG members will mainly officiate games at Middlesbrough & York City FC Football Clubs on a Saturday, Sunday morning / lunchtime under the leadership of our newly appointed Referee Development Group Director.
Referee Developers will also work with RDG members, providing practical advice and tips to develop their skills with referees both at games and at training camps.
Who can be part of the Referee Development Group?
The RDG programme is designed for any referee, who is aged between 14 and 35 and is fully qualified at Levels 6, 7 or Y (Youth previously Level 8) status.
We will also consider applications from those referees at ‘Trainee’ status who have refereed more than 10 games but yet to attend their final Unit 6 module of the FA Referee Course.
Members of the RDG will be expected to attend a range of events throughout the year, which will enable them to improve not only their fitness levels, but include specific technical sessions and key note guest speakers from time to time.
Eligibility, Time Commitment & Requirements:
• Aged between 14 - 35 and a Level 6, 7 or Y Referee (Trainee referees will be considered)
• Are capable of managing administration effectively
• Are keen, enthusiastic, dedicated and show the desire to progress within refereeing
• Attend all Referee Development Group Training Camps and training events (Approx. 4 per season) in Middlesbrough & York
• Regularly officiate in local football in addition to Academy Football.
• Purchase a discounted NRCFA Referee Development Group Nike Kit package - £115
• Have regular access to an e-mail account for regular correspondence
What are the benefits of the Referee Development Group?
• Referees will have the opportunity to work closely with Referee Developers and will be provided with fixtures within MFC & York City FC Academy matches
• Officiating Academy matches for Middlesbrough & York City FC, ranging between Under-7s to Under-15s on Saturday & Sunday mornings (may also including Under-16s)
• Appointments to selected County Cup fixtures, as well as the opportunity to officiate in a number of junior leagues within the County
• Technical classroom & practical based training sessions, conducted throughout the season, which aim to enhance both knowledge and skill
• Work with, and learn from more experienced Match Officials
• Prepare referees for the ‘step up’ to adult football as a referee & assistant referee.
• Opportunity to develop towards achieving Level 5 & beyond and work towards a place within our NRCFA Referee CORE Development Group
• Opportunity to Officiate at National Tournaments & exchange weekends with other County FAs
• Discounted NRCFA Nike branded leisure wear
How to apply for a place in the Referee Development Group
North Riding County FA is committed to offering the best possible support to those referees, who show potential, commitment and a real desire to progress.
Anybody who is considering an application must be aware that travelling will be required to Training Camps which typically will take place on Wednesday evenings in Middlesbrough & York. The opening Training Camp will take place as follows:
The induction Training Camp will take place on Wednesday 5 September 2018 @ Middlesbrough Sports Village, Middlesbrough – 6.30pm – 9.00pm.
Further Training Camps will take place as follows:
November 2018: Middlesbrough or York (Candidates to choose)
January 2019: Middlesbrough or York (Candidates to choose)
March 2019: TBC
If you would like to submit an application to become a member of the Referee Development Group, please CLICK HERE to download and complete the application form and return it to Ross Joyce, Referee Development Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Ross Joyce, Referee Development Manager, RDG Application, North Riding County FA, Broughton Road, Stokesley, Middlesbrough, TS9 5NY.
Please note the deadline for applications is 9.00am on Wednesday 15 August 2018