The North Riding County FA have an Adult Saturday Referee Appointments Officer role opportunity available. For more information on the role continue reading or see the attached document below.
Job Opportunity: Adult Saturday Referee Appointments Officer Role – South
North Riding County FA are seeking to appoint a Referee Appointments Officer due to the retirement of the current officer to support the delivery of the FA National Game Strategy in working towards achieving 100% coverage of all 11 v 11 matches with a fully qualified Match Official / Officials.
- Deliver the KPIs within the Referees Sections of the NRCFA Operational business plan in line with The FA Referees Department Strategy/ National Game Strategy.
- Appoint Match Officials as required to the York Minster Engineering League, Scarborough & District League, Newitts.Com Beckett League, District FA Cup Competitions & NRCFA County & Challenge Cup Competitions.
- Ensure all NRCFA Leagues are given the same opportunity to acquire a fully qualified Match Official.
- Identify activity of all Match Officials within NRCFA.
- Provide progression opportunities for Match Officials.
- To streamline Match Official appointments.
Knowledge / Experiences / Technical Skills Required
- Ability to work flexible and unsociable hours including weekends.
- Diplomacy and the ability to deal appropriately with confidential information.
- Excellent organiser, communicator and time manager.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the structure and organisations within local football.
- Experience of working with volunteers and motivating others.
- Be contactable by telephone / email.
- Be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- To appoint Match Officials within the FA Full Time Admin System and moving forward Whole Game System (WGS)
Other Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Increase the activity of Match Officials so that the number of matches controlled by a qualified Referee increases in line with FA/ NRCFA targets.
- Work in conjunction with local Leagues to ensure Match Official appointments are meeting the requirements of the League.
- Ensure appointments are made with consideration of expense to affiliated clubs as per Leagues requirements.
- Ensure all Match Officials adhere to FA regulations in respect of registration.
- Provide the RDM (Referee Development Manager) with reports on coverage on a quarterly basis.
- Referee Development Manager
- League Officials
- Referees / Referee Development Team Members
- County FA Staff
An annual honorarium of circa £2,500 will be paid for the role.
Travelling expenses will also be payable for any meetings that the candidate is required to attend.
For an informal conversation regarding the role please contact Ross Joyce, Referee Development Manager on 01642 717779 or 07872 469 952.
To apply for the role, please send your application letter outlining why you would make a good candidate for the role to Ross Joyce at email@example.com by noon on Thursday, 22 February 2018
North Riding County FA are committed to equality of opportunities and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.