Playing Foreign Teams

There are special procedures to follow when your team is planning on playing a game, or series of games, against foreign clubs.

Affiliated Associations, Competitions or Clubs wishing to play a match or series of matches against members of another national association must apply on the prescribed forms to The FA at least 60 days before the date of the intended match or tournament. 

Please note: The FA work through the requests based on the date of matches rather than the date a request is received, therefore there can be a delay in them responding. If a club’s request is urgent (e.g. to confirm travel or participation) you will need to mark it as such and The FA will use best endeavours to accelerate the request.

The application form can be downloaded below, once completed, it should be sent to the County FA for its approval and signature. North Riding will then forward the completed form to The FA. Please note that any Tournaments taking place in England involving international teams are also required to be sanctioned by The FA.
Any queries in relation to matches against foreign opposition can be emailed to or by calling the County FA office on 01642 717770.

Enter Whole Game System here
Sign up for The People's Cup 2018