The County Development Manager has a key role in supporting facility projects across the county by guiding you through the funding that is available. North Riding County FA recognises the importance of high quality facilities for football and works closely with Local Authorities, leagues and clubs to prioritise investment within the County.
Behind any successful scheme is a Football Development Plan meeting the needs of the organisation, a realistic Business Plan which supports sustainability, compliant Technical Information and partnership funding. North Riding County FA is here to provide assistance with each of these areas.
If you believe you may have a scheme which would attract funding we would urge you to undertake three actions:
1) Contact the County Development Manager (CDM), Steven Wade on (01642) 717775 or at email@example.com before progressing with any application
2) Do not part with any valuable funds that you may have until you have discussed your project with the CDM
3) Read the criteria in full of any potential funding partner to establish your projects eligibility
The two key funding bodies for football are the Football Foundation and Sport England. Details of the schemes available through each organisation are as follows:
Premier League & The FA Facilities Fund. This large capital grants scheme provides funding of up to £500,000.
PL/FA: FF Small Grants Scheme. This small capital grants scheme provides funding of up to £10,000.
Football Stadia Improvement Fund. This grant scheme provides funding to support the comfort and safety of lower league football grounds from Step 7 in the National League System.
The Inspired Facilities Programme is part of the London 2012 Olympic Legacy programme. The Places People Play programme will be delivered by Sport England and the Government, in partnership with the British Olympic Association, British Paralympic Association and with the backing of The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. The Places strand aims to transform the places where people play sport, making the benefits of London 2012 visible in cities, towns and villages across the country by modernising up to a thousand local community sports clubs.
There is funding up to £50,000 and £150,000 available with rounds up to and including 2015/16.
Funding for Coaches
sports coach UK, in partnership with the ECN, has updated the Funding Opportunities for Coaching guide. The guide contains information on funding available in England to support coaching and is available to download by clicking here. Alternatively a copy can be dowloaded below.
To access information click on relevant link:
- 3G Football Turf Guidance Booklet
- Pitch Size Individuals
- Pitch sizes (metric) web
- Pitch sizes
- Shared Access Information Resource
- The FA Guide to Pitch and Goalpost Dimensions (Imperial)
- The FA Guide to Pitch and Goalpost Dimensions (Metric)
- Successful Management of Dual Use Cricket and Football Sites Jan 2013
- FA Guide to 3G Football Turf Pitch Designs & Layouts
- FA Guide to Floodlighting
- Flooding Information Sheet 1 - How to Plan Ahead
- Flooding Information Sheet 2 - Developing a Club Flood Plan
- Flooding Information Sheet 3 - Flood Resilient Design
- Flooding Information Sheet 4 - Flood Alert-Warning Received
- Flooding Information Sheet 5 - After the Flood - Buildings
- Flooding Information Sheet 6 - After the Flood - Pitches and Courts